Johann Hartmann Schwab, son of Johann Valentin & Maria Catharina Schwab, was born 16 April 1730 and baptized 19 April 1730 in Bruchenbrücken. Anna Elisabeth Krusel, daughter of Johann Henrich & Elisabeth Krusel, was baptized 6 September 1722 in Ober-Mockstadt. Johann Hartmann Schwab & Anna Elisabeth Krusel were married in Ober-Mockstadt on 15 February 1759.
The baptisms of three of their children are recorded the parish register of Ober-Mockstadt: (1) Barbara Catharina, baptized 17 September 1760; (2) Eva Maria, baptized 22 April 1762; and (3) Anna Elisabeth, baptized 7 February 1764.
Hartmann Schwab, a farmer, his wife Anna, and daughter Eva (age 4) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard the English frigate Love & Unity under the command of Skipper Thomas Fairfax.
Hartmann Schwab, a farmer, his wife Anna Elisabeth, and daughter Eva Maria (age 6) are recorded on the 1767 census of Moor in Household No. 62. They had settled in Moor on 18 June 1767.
Eva Maria Gies née Schwab and her family are recorded on the 1798 census of Moor in Household No. Mo34.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that Martin Roth came from the German district of Isenburg.
There are no known surviving male lines of this Schwab family among the Volga German colonies.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Mo34.
- Parish records of Bruchenbrücken (LDS Film No. 1195360).
- Parish records of Ober-Mockstadt (LDS Film No. 1346201).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 171.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1622.