Johannes Schwobauer, son of Johann Jacob Schwobauer & Anna Maria Numrich, was born 6 June 1717 in Haßloch. He married Christina Margaretha Eissenmayer on 6 September 1740 in Haßloch, southwest of Mannheim.
The baptisms of several of their children have been located in the parish register of Haßloch: (1) Johann Jacob, baptized 15 September 1741; (2) Johann Christoph, baptized 12 May 1745; (3) Philipp Jacob, baptized 18 October 1747; (4) Anna Catharina, baptized 3 August 1749); (5) Sophia, born 1 January 1754; and (6) Kilian, baptized 15 February 1761.
Johann[es] Schwabauer, his wife Christina Margaretha, and children (Philipp Jacob, age 20; Anna Katharina, age 18; Maria Elisabeth, age 16; Maria Sophia, age 13; Johann, age 10; Kilian, age 6) arrived as one family group from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 9 August 1766 aboard the Russian galliot Strelna under the command of Lieutenant Sornev. Also traveling with them were the two older sons Jacob Schwabauer and his wife Anna Christina and single man Christoph Schwabauer.
Father Johannes died after reaching Russia. His widow remarried to Johann Heinrich Geier and settled in the Volga German colony of Huck on 17 August 1767. They are recorded on the 1767 census of Huck in Households No. 63 and 66.
Philipp Jacob settled in the Volga German of Krasnoyar on 20 July 1767. He and his new bride are recorded there on the 1767 census of Krasnoyar in Household No. 63.
Philipp Jakob Schwabauer and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Krasnoyar in Household No. Ks044.
The death of Philipp Jakob Schwabauer in 1799 is recorded on the 1811 census of Krasnoyar in Household No. 45 along with a note that sons Johann Peter Schwabauer and Konrad Schwabauer relocated to the colony of Boisroux in 1810.
Peter Schwabauer and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Boisroux in Household No. 32.
Karl Schwabauer and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Krasnoyar in Household No. Ks105.
In 1790, Kilian Schwabauer and his family moved from Straub to Balzer.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Johann Schwabauer and his sons came from the German region of Pfalz.
- 1811 Krasnoyar Census (Household No. 45).
- 1834 Boisroux Census (Household No. 32).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bz074, Hk78, Ks044, Ks105, Mv2861.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 155-156.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4980, #4981, #4982.
- Parish records of Hassloch.
Fabian Zubia Schultheis
Entry from the parish register of Haßloch recording the birth of Johannes Schwobauer on 6 June 1717.
Source: Karl Becker.