Katharina Sorberger, daughter of Johann Georg & Susanna Sorberger, was born 10 July 1744 in Wolf. Johann Georg Jäkel, son of Kaspar & Anna Elisabeth Jäkel, was born in Vonhausen on 1 December 1737.
Johann Georg Jäckel from Vonhausen and Catharina Sorberger, daughter of Johann Georg Sorberger, the school teacher (Schuldiener) from Wolff, were married on 16 April 1766 in Büdingen.
Georg Jäkel, a farmer, and his wife Katharina settled in the Volga German colony of Moor on 18 June 1767.
They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 55 along with their 3-month-old daughter Maria.
There are no known surviving male lines of this Sorberger family among the Volga German colonies.
- 1775 Moor Census (Household No. 13).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Mo29.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #538.
- Parish register of Vonhausen.
- Parish register of Wolf.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 169.