Spreuer / Spreier
Johann Philipp Spreuer, son of Johann Konrad Spreuer (a brick layer born 12 January 1696) & Anna Margaretha Herrmann, was born on 15 March 1723 in Weitersborn and baptized on 19 March 1723 in the Evangelical (Lutheran) Church in Simmern. He married there on 12 January 1751 to Maria Julianna Schneider, daughter of Wilhelm Schneider from Niederreidenbacher.
They had five children, each born in Weitersborn and baptized in Simmern: (1) Anna Margaretha, born on 10 February 1752, baptized on 13 February 1752; (2) Johannes, born on 25 April 1756, baptized on 29 April 1756; (3) Johann Konrad, baptized on 10 December 1758; and twins (4) Elisabetha Katharina & (5) Johann Peter, born on 28 January 1762, baptized on 1 February 1762.
Johann Philipp Spreuer, a stone mason (Maurer), his wife Maria, and children (Anna, age 15; Johann, age 11; Konrad, age 8; Johann, age 5; Elisabeth, age 5; Anna, age ¼) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 25 July 1766 aboard a packet-boat under the command of the Lieutenant Sornev.
The family settled in the Volga German colony of Dietel on 1 July 1767. Recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 3 are father Philipp Spreuer and his children (Anna Margaretha, age 16; Johann[es], age 12; Konrad, age 10).
Johann Philipp and his descendants are recorded in Dietel on the 1798 Census in Households No. Dt41, Dt42, & Dt43. By this time, son Johannes has moved to the colony of Frank where he is recorded on the 1798 Census in Household No. Fk051.
- Küstner, Kurt Herbert. Die Einwohner von Weitersborn, 1596-1900 (Haan, Germany: K.H. Küstner, 1992).
- Küstner, Kurt Herbert. Königsau und Henau, Einwohner, 1685-1900 (Kirn, Germany: Verbandsgemeinde Kirn-Land, 1997).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Dt41, Dt42, Dt43, Fk051.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): #7270.
- Parish records of Simmern (LDS Film No. 493218) which include those of the village of Weitersborn.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institut, 1999): 280.
- Pleve, Igor. List of Colonists to Russia in 1766 "Reports by Ivan Kulberg" (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #2692.