Sebastian Stang, son of Michael Stang and Anna Maria Zimmermann, was born on 12 October 1740 in Königheim, southwest of Würzburg in Baden-Württemberg. He married there on 7 February 1764 to Anna Maria Gottlieb, daughter of Sebastian Caspar Kilian Gottlieb and Eva Maria Künckel. She was baptized 13 February 1743 in Buchen.
They immigrated to Russia arriving in Volmer on 18 July 1767. They are listed there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 36.
The children of Sebastian Stang are recorded on the 1798 census of Volmer in Household No. Vm10.
The descendants of Sebastian Stang are recorded on the 1834 census of Volmer in Households No. 13, 28, 67, 69, 100, & 101.
Peter Stang from Volmer and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Marienfeld.
The 1767 census records that Sebastian Stang came from the German village of Gernsheim in the Kurmainz region.
- 1834 Volmer Census (Households No. 13, 28, 67, 69, 100, & 101).
- 1857 Marienfeld Census.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Vm10.
- Parish register of Buchen (LDS Film No. 1046999).
- Parish register of Königheim.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 291.