Sterger / Störger
Johann Georg Störger, son of Dietrich Störger & Maria Margaretha Held, was born 8 May 1722 in Groß-Zimmern. He married there on 24 October 1741 to Anna Eva Hammer, daughter of Johannes Hammer. She had been born in nearby Groß-Bieberau on 2 July 1720. The baptismal records of three of his children have been located there: Eva (b. 9 October 1744), Ludwig (b. 11 September 1754), and Johannes Georg (b. 27 March 1758).
In 1763, this family immigrated to Schleswig-Holstein, then a part of Denmark before moving on to Russia.
The family is recorded on the 1767 census of Dönhof in Household No. 5 having arrived there on 21 July 1766.
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): B-1663.
- Franze-Merlau, Christel Hechler. Familienbuch Groß-Zimmern (Roßdorf: Christel Franze-Merlau, 2016): 1390.
- Lang, Gerhard. German Colonists of Denmark on the Volga.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Dh061, Dh080.
- Parish records of Gross-Zimmern - LDS Film No. 1190553.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 342.