There are two Stork families that settled in the Volga German colony of Anton on 1 September 1767. Both had arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 14 September 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Reders. Their relationship to each other is not recorded on the 1767 census.
(1) Konrad Stork, a farmer, his wife Anna, and children (Johann, age 23; Johannes, age 16; Anna, age 8; Eva, age 3) arrived in Oranienbaum. Konrad died and Anna remarried to Johann Georg Frank.
The combined Frank / Stork family is recorded on the 1767 census of Anton in Household No. 60.
Johann Storck [sic] and Cathrina Elisabeth are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
Oldest son Johannes and his wife Katharina are recorded on the 1767 census of Anton in Household No. 50.
In 1790, Johannes Storck and his family moved from Anton to Straub.
The widow and children (Johann Georg, age 10; Katharina Elisabeth, age 8; Johann Adam, age 7; Peter Anton, age 4) are recorded on the 1798 census of Straub in Household No. Sr23.
Johann Georg Storck and his brothers (Johann Adam & Peter Anton) are recorded on the 1811 census of Straub in Household No. 23 along with a note that they relocated to the colony of Neu-Straub [year not recorded].
Georg Storck and his brothers (Johann Adam & Peter Anton) are recorded on the 1834 census of Neu-Straub in Household No. 19.
(2) [Georg] Ludwig Stork, a farmer, and his wife Anna arrived in Oranienbaum.
Johann Ludwig Storck [sic] and his wife Anna Margretha are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
They are recorded on the 1767 census of Anton in Household No. 57.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that both of these Stork families came from the German region of Hessen. The 1767 census records that they both came from the German region of Hanau.
- 1811 Straub Census (Household No. 23).
- 1834 Neu-Straub Census (Household No. 19).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): An25, An26, Sr23, Mv0010.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 67, 68, 69.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6506, #6509.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #8346-8347, #8588-8589.