Michael Strohmann, son of Christian Strohmann, married on 9 November 1757 in Bolzhurst to Catharina Adolph, daughter of Philipp Adolph. Catharina Adolph had been born in Legelshurst on 1 October 1734 and baptized on 3 October 1734.
The births/baptisms of several of the children of Michael Strohmann & Catharina Adolph have been located by Maggie Hein & Corina Hirt: (1) Johann Michael, born 19 February 1758, baptized 21 February 1758 in Legelhurst, died on 16 January 1764 in Freistett, buried in Freistett on 17 January 1764; (2) Catharina, born 1 June 1759, baptized 2 June 1759 in Linx, died 1 April 1764 in Freistett, buried in Freistett on 2 April 1764; (3) Anna Maria, born 25 January 1762, baptized 27 January 1762 in the Lutheran Church in Freistett; and (4) Michael, born 24 December 1764, baptized 25 December 1764 in the Lutheran Church in Freistett.
Michael Strohmann, a farmer, his wife Katharina, and children (Marianna, age 5; Michael, age 1½; Katharina, age ¼) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 22 July 1766 aboard a Russian packet-boat under the command of lieutenant Makkensy.
During the transport to the Volga German colonies, daughter Anna Maria died.
The Strohmanns arrived in the colony of Dietel on 1 July 1767. They are recorded there on 1767 census in Household No. 12.
The descendants of Michael Strohmann are recorded on the 1798 census of Dietel in Households No. Dt50 & Dt61.
In 1794, Elisabetha Barbara, daughter of Michael Strohmann, moved to Huck where she married Johannes Frick. They are recorded on the 1798 census of Huck in Household No. Hk33.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Dt50, Dt61, Hk33.
- Parish register of Freistett (LDS Film No. 1189674).
- Parish register of Legelshurst.
- Parish register of Linx.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 284.
- Pleve, Igor. List of Colonists to Russia in 1766 "Reports by Ivan Kulberg" (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #2452.