The parish register of Büdingen records the marriage on 28 April 1766 of Johann Michael Völcker from Eschen in the area of Erbach and Susanna Barbara Ort from Eschen in the area of Erbach.
[This is a stretch, but there is a village called Etzean just south of Lauerbach (Kr. Erbach).]
Johann Michael Völker, a farmer, and his wife Susanna Barbara arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 13 September 1766 aboard the Russian galliot Citadel under the command of Midshipman Grigory Bukharin.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Schwab on 12 September 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 39.
Johann Peter Völker from Schwab and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Oberdorf in Household No. 8.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Johann Michael Völker came from the German region of Laubach while the 1767 census records that he came from the German village of Eschau.
- 1857 Oberdorf Census (Household No. 8).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Sb34.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #600.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 136.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: State Technical University, 2010): #5249.