Johann Conrad Vogel, son of Johann Paul & Anna Catharina Vogel, was born 4 August 1698 in Mühlsachsen. He married Anna Catharina Pfeiffer, daughter of Niclas & Anna Catharina Pfeiffer.
Mühlsachsen was a private estate that belonged to the House of Solms-Lich. The estate was leased to a courtier Johann Conrad Vogel. Johann Henrich Stephan (the godfather of at least one of Johann Conrad Vogel's children) was the operator of the mill. After Johann Conrad Vogel's death on 26 January 1750, Andreas Stephan took over the lease.
The baptisms of 5 children to Johann Conrad & Anna Catharina Vogel are recorded in Mühlsachsen: (1) Anna Catharina, baptized 1 May 1735; (2) Johann Heinrich, baptized 18 August 1737; (3) Johannes, baptized 6 January 1740; (4) Anna Margaretha, baptized 15 July 1742; and (5) Johann Heinrich, born 1 July 1745, baptized 4 July 1745.
Johannes Vogel & Anna Martha Kratz were married on 16 March 1766 in the Lutheran Church of Büdingen.
Anna Martha Kratz, daughter of Ludwig & Anna Martha Kratz, was baptized on 8 January 1737 in Mühlsachsen.
Johannes, his wife Martha, and brother Johann Heinrich (b. 1745) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard the English frigate Love & Unity under the command of Skipper Thomas Fairfax.
Johann[es] Vogel, a farmer, and his wife Margaretha [sic] are recorded on the 1767 census of Dobrinka in Household No. 62.
[Johann] Heinrich Vogel, a farmer, and his new wife Margaretha are recorded on the 1767 census of Dobrinka in Household No. 63.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that both of these Vogel families came from the German region of Solms. The 1767 census records that both came from the Berman village of Oberpesin near Zorn.
- Deutsche Kolonisten (website).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Db24.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #437.
- Parish register of Mühlsachsen.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 330.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1846, #1847.
Entry from the parish register of Mühlsachsen recording the baptism of Johannes Vogel on 6 January 1740.
Entry from the parish register of Mühlsachsen recording the baptism of Anna Martha Kratz on 8 January 1737.
Entry from the parish register of Mühlsachsen recording the birth of Johann Heinrich Vogel on 1 July 1745 and baptism on 4 July 1745.