Franz Württemberger, a farmer, and his family arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 18 June 1766 aboard the ship Die Perle under the command of Skipper Thomson.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Kolb on 13 May 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 6.
The 1767 census records that Franz Württemberg came from the German village of Oberdarmstadt in the Hessen-Darmstadt region.
Some researchers have concluded that a Franz Württemberg who was born in Ober Ramstadt is this immigrant. However, since neither his marriage nor the births of his children have been located in Ober Ramstadt, additional research needs to be done to verify this conclusion.
- 1834 Kolb Census (Household No. 5).
- 1857 Kolb Census (Household No. 5, 7, 8, 109).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Ko08.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 387.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1055.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #0446.