Johann Peter Walter, son of Johann Georg Walther (14 February 1684 - 14 May 1763) & his second wife Anna Elisabeth Rausch (3 December 1691 - 28 March 1767), was born 13 February 1723 in Kirch-Beerfurth. He married in Kirch-Beerfurth on 2 March 1744 to Eva Catharina Wasenmüller, daughter of Johann Adam Wasenmüller & Anna Gertraud Flederwisch from Reichelsheim. Eva Catharina was born 7 June 1723 in Ober-Kainsbach.
The births of 12 children are recorded in the parish register of Reichelsheim: (1 & 2) twins Johann Philipp & Anna Elisabeth, born 10 December 1743 in Lohhof; (3) Johann Peter, born 11 March 1745 in Lohhof; (4) Johann Jacob, born 25 December 1746 in Kirch-Beerfurth; (5) Anna Margaretha, born 26 March 1749 in Kirch-Beerfurth; (6) Anna Elisabetha, born 28 April 1753 in Kirch-Beerfurth; (7 & 8) twins Johann Conrad & Johann Nicolaus, born 18 April 1756 in Kirch-Beerfurth; (9 & 10) twins Elisabetha & Eva Maria, born 27 June 1759 in Kirch-Beerfurth; (11) Anna Katharina, born 16 June 1761 in Kirch-Beerfurth, died 29 July 1761; and (12) Alexander, born 15 April 1763 in Kirch-Beerfurth.
Peter, Eva, and their children immigrated to Russia. Just before leaving for Russia, oldest son Johann Philipp Walter and Anna Maria Weber, daughter of Johann Balthasar Weber of Erlau, were married on 6 May 1766 in Fränkisch-Crumbach.
The entire family arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 19 September 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Johann Hermann Anderson. Eva died after arrival in Russia and Peter remarried the widow Anna Elisabeth Seibel. Peter Walter and Anna Elisabeth along with their combined Walter/Seibel children settled in Walter on 25 August 1767. They are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Households No. 1 & No. 41.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Wt053, Wt095, Wt098.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #752, #1280c.
- Parish records of Fränkish-Crumbach (LDS Int'l Film Nos. 1190573 & 1599925).
- Parish records of Kirch-Beerfurth.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 295, 304.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6553, #6555.
- Wolf, Heiner. Familienbuch Reichelsheim: 1643-1875, Band 1 (2018): 468.
Mary Jane Bolton