Johann Daniel Wigand, son of Sebastian & Anna Catharina Wigand, was baptized on 25 March 1725 in Bönstadt.
The marriage of Daniel Weigand & Anna Maria Hildebrand is recorded in Büdingen on 23 April 1766. It is possible, but not confirmed, that this is the same Daniel Weigand from Bönstadt.
Daniel Weigandt, a farmer, and his wife Anna Margaretha [sic] arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 9 August 1766 aboard the pink Slon under the command of Lieutenant Sergey Panov. They settled in Norka on 15 August 1767. They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 78 along with his stepdaughter, Juliana Kaiser.
Widow Anna Maria Weigandt and son Philipp are recorded on the 1798 census of Norka in Household No. Nr072.
Philipp Weigandt and his sons are recorded on the 1811 census of Norka in Household No. 72.
Philipp Weigandt and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Norka in Households No. 181 & 212.
Philipp Weigandt, son of Philipp Weigandt, and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Norka in Household No. 247 along with a note that they moved from Norka to Oberdorf in 1852.
Philipp Weigandt from Norka and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Oberdorf in Household No. 74.
Both the the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that Daniel Weigandt came from the German village of Isenburg.
- 1811 Norka Census (Household No. 72).
- 1834 Norka Census (Households No. 181, 212).
- 1857 Norka Census (Household No. 247).
- 1857 Oberdorf Census (Household No. 74).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nr072.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #576.
- Parish register of Bönstadt (LDS Film No. 1195346).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 250.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4091.