Johannes Weißbender, son of Johann Georg Weißbender (born 25 May 1686) & Magdalena Rosinus (born 10 February 1684), was born 11 October 1719 in Dreieichenhain.
Conrad [sic] Weisbinder from the area of Dreieicherhayn & Eva Maria Hermann from Götzenhain were married 20 May 1766 in the Lutheran Church in Büdingen. Eva Maria Hermann, daughter of Andreas Hermann & Catharina, was born 12 May 1726 in Götzenhain.
Konrad [sic] Weissbender, his wife Maria, and his mother Ursula [sic] arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 29 August 1766 aboard the Apollo under the command of Skipper Detlov Merberg.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Grimm and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 59.
The 1775 census of Grimm records them in Household No. 135.
In 1788, Konrad Weissbender and his family moved from Grimm to Müller.
Johannes Konrad Weissbender from Grimm, his [new] wife Anna Barbara Schmidt [widow of Johann Georg Schneider], and stepsons are recorded on the 1798 census of Müller in Household No. Ml34.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Konrad Weissbender was a farmer while the 1767 census records that he was a craftsman (Handwerker).
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that Konrad Weissbender came from the German region of Isenburg.
There are no known surviving male lines of this family among the Volga German colonies.
- 1775 Census of Grimm (No. 135).
- Groß, Bernd. Das Familienbuch Dreieichenhain (Dreieich, Germany: ImHayn Verlag). [Online]
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Ml34, Mv0762.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #657.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 81.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #5028.