Werfel / Würfel
Johann Jakob Würfel was born in Sinsheim (now in Baden-Württemberg) on 29 August 1725. He married on 26 August 1759 in Leimen (near Heidelberg) to Maria Barbara Blättel. She was born in Leimen on 10 November 1735.
They moved to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein). Jakob, Barbara, and several children arrived in Anton on 7 September 1764. They are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 20. Barbara later married Johann Heinrich Weisheim from Balzer.
Andreas Werfel from Anton and his sons (Georg Konrad, age 3; Georg Philipp, age ½) are recorded on the 1811 census of Straub in Household No. 69 along with a note that he had arrived in Straub from Anton in 1810.
- 1811 Straub Census (Household No. 69).
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): B-1833.
- Lang, Gerhard. German Colonists of Denmark on the Volga.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): An30, An43.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 58.