Widower Peter Wiesmer, a farmer, and his children (Anna, age 22; Johann [Philipp], age 20; Johannes, age 16; Margaretha, age 12; Katharina, age 9) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 12 September 1766 aboard an English frigate under the command of Skipper Adam Beerfeier.
Joh. Peter Wiesmar [sic] and his children (Cunigunda, age 22; Philip, age 20; Johannes, age 17; Anna Margaretha, age 12; Anna Catharina, age 9½) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767 along with a note that daughter Anna Catharina died en route.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Nieder-Monjou on 3 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 57.
Philipp Wiesmer and his family (sons Johannes, age 15; Georg, age 11; Heinrich Christoph, age 6; Dietrich Karl, age 2) are recorded on the 1798 census of Nieder-Monjou in Household No. Nm26.
The death of Philipp Wiesmer in 1807 is recorded on the 1811 census of Nieder-Monjou in Household No. 26.
Johannes Wiesmer, son of Philipp Wiesmer, and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Nieder-Monjou in Household No. 105; brother Dietrich Karl and his family are recorded in Household No. 106.
Johann Georg Wiesmer, son of Philipp Wiesmer, is recorded on the 1811 census of Nieder-Monjou in Household No. 26 along with a note that he relocated to the colony of Fischer [year not recorded].
[Johann] Georg Wiesmer from Nieder-Monjou is recorded on the 1811 census of Fischer in Household No. 35.
[Johann] Georg Wiesmer and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Fischer in Household No. 6.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that Peter Wiesmer came from the German region of Braunfels.
- 1811 Fischer Census (Household No. 35).
- 1811 Nieder-Monjou Census (Household No. 26).
- 1834 Fischer Census (Household No. 6).
- 1834 Nieder-Monjou Census (Households No. 105, 106).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nm26.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 197.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4782.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #3564-3569.