Widower Gottfried Wolf, a farmer, and two of his adult children (Anna, age 26; Christoph, age 21) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 10 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Nikolaus Peter Pink.
Widower Gottfried Wulff and his children (Anna Maria, age 26; Christopher, age 21) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767 along with a note that daughter Anna Maria died en route.
Widower Gottfried Wolf, a farmer, and his son Christoph (age 22) are recorded on the 1767 census of Boisroux in Household No. 92 along with a note that he resettled to the colony of Kaneau in 1768.
In 1786, Christian [sic] Wolf and his family moved from Kaneau to Stahl am Karaman.
[An article by Hermann Wäschke records the following:
Johann Christian Wulff, in a report dated 28 July 1773, listed as 29 years old, of short stature, learned the stocking maker (Strumpfwirker) trade in Dessau with Meister Obermeyer. Since 1762, he wandered as a journeyman, returned six weeks ago and has been living at the "Rothen Hause" with Jägers and Nuageks, who are somewhat related to him. His father, Gottfried Wulff moved to Wörlitz about 23 years ago, buried his wife there, then moved to Russia with one son and three daughters in 1766 at which time the petitioner (Johann Christian Wulff) was working in Halle.]
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Gottfried Wolf came from the German region of Sachsen (Saxony). The 1767 census records that Gottfried Wolf came from the German village of Schleiz in the region of Sachsen (Saxony).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Sk30, Mv1136.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 161.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4425.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #5999-6001.
- Wäschke, Hermann. "Deutsche Familien in Russland" in Roland, Archiv für Stamm- und Wappenkunde, Jubiläumsschrift, 18 January 1912: 91-92.