Zimmer (Frank / Yagodnaya Polyana)*
Johannes Zimmer, a widower from Wallernhausen, & Anna Maria Erck, daughter of Christoph Erck from Nidda, were married on 26 June 1766 in the Lutheran Church of Büdingen.
They evidently didn't make it to Russia, but two of his children are recorded among the Volga German colonies with members of the Erck family:
(1) Anna Margaretha Zimmer (age 13) is recorded on the 1767 census of Yagodnaya Polyana in Household No. 77 along with the Konrad Bähr family. Konrad Bähr's wife is Anna Katharina Erck.
(2) Johannes Zimmer (age 8) is recorded on the 1767 census of Frank in Household No. 78 along with the Johann Heinrich Frick family. Johann Heinrich Frick's wife is Anna Margaretha Erck.
The 1767 census records that Johannes Zimmer came from the German village of Wallernhausen in the Fulda region.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #715.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 431.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 193.