Johann Nickel and Elisabetha Catharina Zimmerman had at least two sons:
(1) Georg Heinrich Zimmerman was baptized in Simmern on 5 February 1736. He married Maria Anna Christina Meuers, daughter of Phillip and Anna Christina Meuers, in Simmern on 20 April 1762. She had been baptized 3 February 1743 in Sargenroth.
Georg Heinrich, a craftsman (Handwerker), and Maria Christina, along with their newborn son Johann Georg, are recorded in Moor on the 1767 census in Household No. 1 where Heinrich is noted serving as the mayor (Vorsteher) of the colony.
Maria Christina Zimmermann, widow of Heinrich Zimmermann, and their children are recorded on the 1798 census of Moor in Household No. Mo09.
Georg Friedrich Zimmermann, son of Heinrich Zimmermann, and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Grimm in Household No. 17.
[Johann] Daniel Zimmermann, son of [Georg] Friedrich Zimmermann, and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Wiesenmüller.
(2) Johann Nickel Zimmerman was baptized in Simmern on 11 April 1733. He married Anna Catharina (surname unknown) there on 19 June 1759.
Johann [Nikolaus], a farmer, and Anna Catharina, along with their daughter Maria Magdalena (baptized in Simmern on 5 September 1760) and 9 month old Maria Christina, are recorded in Moor on the 1767 census in Household No. 12.
- 1834 Grimm Census (Household No. 17).
- 1857 Wiesenmüller Census.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Mo09, Mo28.
- Parish register of Sargenroth (FHL Film #493223).
- Parish register of Simmern (FHL Film #492971).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 155, 158.