Bethlehem Lutheran Church - WaKeeney
Bethlehem Lutheran Church was founded by Volga German families on 31 October 1897. They first met in the school house and then worshiped in the Methodist Church until 6 May 1906 when they dedicated their own church building. This building was used by the congregation until it was destroyed by fire on 14 December 1945. A new church was dedicated on 19 June 1949.
WaKeeney, KS 67672
Bethlehem Lutheran Church in WaKeeney has been served by the following pastors:
F. W. Mensing
Gerhard M. Bunge
Sherman Frederick (1936-)
G. C. Schaub (1939-?)
Klass DeFreese (1947-?)
Edwin J. Hirsch (1954-?)
Charles L. Hanson (1970-?)
J. Glen Sandquist
- History of WaKeeney - 1890's-The Churches (skyways)
- "Our History of the Bethlehem Lutheran Church in WaKeeney" from the 1973 Bethlhem Lutheran Church Pictorial Directory.