Christ Lutheran Church - Winnipeg
Christ Lutheran Church was organized on the First Sunday in Advent, 1905, by ten charter members. A church building on Prichard Avenue was dedicated on 17 December 1905. This building was moved to Aberdeen Avenue in 1907. The congregation built a larger facility in 1910. The congregation established a parochial school in 1906 that operated until 1939.
To accommodate the continued growth, the congregation built the present church building on Inkster and Sinclair in 1956. Their former church building at Aberdeen & Andrews is now the home of Aberdeen Evanglical Mennonnite Church.
Faced with declining membership and attendance, on 26 January 2014, the congregation held its final worship service. The building at Inkster & Sinclair was sold to Living Christ Community Church, a Baptist congregation.
Many immigrant families from Holstein attended Christ Lutheran Church.
592 Aberdeen Ave.
533 Aberdeen Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R2X 1N3
The following have served as pastor of Christ Lutheran Church in Winnipeg:
J. Kröger (1909-1923)
E. Schiewe (1923-1947)
J. Propp (1948-1951)
W.T. Weind (1953-?)
- Suderman, Brenda. "New Lease on Life." Winnipeg Free Press (25 January 2014).