Plymouth Congregational Church - Fort Collins
Fort Collins, CO
916 W. Prospect Rd.
Fort Collins, CO 80526
Plymouth Congregational Church began as the German Evangelical Lutheran Congregational Church. German Congregational dedicated its first building on 18 June 1905 at the corner of Oliver and Whedbee under the leadership of the Rev. Paul Burckhardt. After several years of disagreement, a group left to form Immanuel Congregational Church in 1912.
Services were held in German until 1951, at which time the congregation also changed its name to Plymouth Congregational Church.
The congregation built a new facility in 1960 near the intersection of Shields Street and Prospect Road. The former facility is now Mountain View Christian Center.
Since 1959, Plymouth has been affiliated with the United Church of Christ.
German Congregational followed by Plymouth Congregational has been served by the following pastors:
Fred Edmonds (1975-99)
Hal Chorpenning (2002-)
Sharon A. Benton, Associate (2004-)