St. Mark Lutheran Church - Great Bend

An organizational meeting was held on 27 April 1952 to form St. Mark Lutheran Church. The Rev. Fred W. Henkel was installed as its first resident pastor. The cornerstone of the congregations current facility was laid on 4 October 1953 and the new building was dedicated on 24 January 1954. The congregation was accepted into the United Lutheran Church in America. In 1988, it became part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.

In 1999, St. Mark joined with St. Paul Lutheran Church in Galatia to form a joint parish served by one pastor.

Pastors & Priests: 

Fred W. Henkel
Adam D. Wutka