St. Stephan's German Reformed Church - Newark
St. Stephan's German Reformed Church was the home of many Volga German families that settled in Newark. St. Stephen's Church is an Ironbound landmark. Built in 1874 for a German-speaking congregation, which it remained until the 1930s, the church is still Lutheran but uses Spanish and Portuguese in its services. The architect was George Staehlin and the interior has some of the most ornate woodwork in Newark.
This congregation is now called St. Stephan's Grace Community Church, affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
Ferry St. & Wilson Ave.
Newark, NJ 07105
- St. Stephan's Church (Ironbound, Newark, New Jersey) (Wikipedia)