Trinity Lutheran Church - Port Huron

Trinity's original name was the German Evangelical Lutheran Society of Port Huron, Michigan. Beginning in a rented building near Broad and Erie, the congregation soon purchased a chapel downtown on the corner of Erie and Ontario (now McMorran) at what is presently the center of the college campus. In 1874, property was purchased at Tenth & Griswold, and the congregation has been located there in several facilities since then. The first structure was dedicated 15 November 1874.

A new church building was dedicated on 5 February 1899, facing 10th Street. When this building was sold in 1942, the steeple was removed and the entire building moved west on Griswold to its present location on the corner of Nern and Martin Luther King Blvd. It received a brick facade and is now home for the Metropolitan Baptist Church.

The present brick facility was dedicated on 8 February 1942.

Trinity is affiliated with the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.

Original Location

Erie & Ontario (now McMorran)
Port Huron, Michigan

Current Location

1517 - 10th Street
Port Huron, Michigan 48060

Pastors & Priests: 
The following pastors have served the congregation of Trinity Lutheran Church:
Johann Frederick Ruff (1871-1875)
J.R. Lauritzen (1875-1883)
Carl (Charles) Lohrmann (1883-1886)
F.F. Schroeder (1886-1900)
George Bornemann (1900-1905)
Fred Mueller (1905-1916)
Otto Pfotenhauer (1916-1958)
Robert Bannon (1958-1962)
Theodore Klein (1963-1986)
Donald Krueger (1986-1987)
Robert Mann (1987-?)
John S. Carrier
Mark J. Madson (2013-)

The following have also served as assistant pastors:

Mark Steiner (1984)
Notable Individuals: 

First building at 10th & Griswold (1874).

Second building at 10th & Griswold (1899).

Current building at 10th & Griswold (1942).