Wartburg Lutheran Church - Fresno
This congregation was organized by Volga German immigrants on 20 November 1904 as the Evangelical Lutheran Wartburg Congregation. A church building was erected in 1905 under the leadership of Rev. Feich.
The Wartburg Lutheran Church was demolished with the construction of Highway 99 through Fresno.
The Wartburg congregation was served by the following pastors:
Heinrich S. Feich (1905-1906)
W. J. Roehmer (1906-1911)
John Gutleben (1911-1912)
Felix Felician Fritzler (1916-)
J. C. Bitter (1923-1953)
- Vandor, Paul E. History of Fresno County, California: With Biographical Sketches of the Leading Men and Women of the County who Have Been Identified with Its Growth and Development from the Early Days to the Present (Los Angeles: Historic Record Company, 1919): 827.
- Wartburg anniversary booklets