17 de Agosto, Partido de Puán, Buenos Aires Province
17 de Agosto was founded on 17 August 17 1904, the anniversary of the death of General San Martín and was named in his honor. It has also been known as Villa Durcudoy, Villa Santa Catalina, and Villa Adela Sáenz.
The railway station was built in the village in October 1906.
The following Volga German families settled in and around 17 de Agosto: