Coronel Suárez, Partido de Coronel Suárez, Buenos Aires Province
The Partido (Department) of Coronel Suárez was created on 10 July 1882 during the governorship of Dr. Dardo Rocha.
On 24 September 1885, 50 Volga German families arrived at the port in Buenos Aires. Their destination was Colonia Hinojo, where most of them had relatives who had settled there earlier. Land in that area was scarce, and after 18 months, Father Luis Servet organized a group of settlers who negotiated an agreement with Edward Casey to settle in the vicinity of the Suace Corto (now known as Coronel Suárez) railway station.
Three colonies were founded south of Coronel Suárez:
Volga German families also live in and around the town of Coronel Suárez itself.
The following Volga German families settled in and around Coronel Suárez:
Bahl from Kamenka
Brum from Schilling
Die(h)l from Straub
Kober from Susannental
Maul from Schilling
Schamberger from Kamenka
Streitenberger from Kamenka
- Coronel Suárez (Wikipedia)