Diamante, Departamento Diamante, Entre Ríos Province
The town of Diamante was founded 27 February 1836. There are many nationalities represented in the city. Over the years, many Volga German families from the rural areas of Entre Ríos moved to Diamante, many settling in nearby Strobel.
The current rectory was the first church of Diamante, built in 1850. It is named in honor of St. Cyprian. The current building was constructed in 1890 and is dedicated to the Virgen de la Merced.
The following Volga German families are known to have lived in the Diamante area:
Elena Vega Stehle