El Potrero, Departamento Gualeguaychú, Entre Ríos Province

Names: 
Centella
Colonia El Potrero
El Moro
El Potrero
Las Blancas
Las Coloradas
Selmira
Villa Carlota bei Gualeguaychú
History: 

Colonia El Potrero was originally known as Villa Carlota bei Gualeguaychú, located near Gualeguaychú.

Volga German Congregations: 

The first service in El Potrero was held in a barn belonging to John Koch on 17 July 1913 by itinerant pastor Anton Ohlert. This congregation is now affiliated with the German Evangelical Church in the Rio de La Plata (IERP).

The first church building was on land donated by the Reichel family and was dedicated on 23 June 1953 by Pastor Riffel. The present building was constructed on land belonging to John Spomer was dedicated on 21 June 1967. It is located on the corner of Calle 1 & 9.

Volga German Families: 

The following Volga German families settled in and around El Potrero:

Auer
Beilmann
Bohl from Huck
Dahmer from Beideck
Eckerdt from Huck
Heidenreich from Huck
Henscheid
Hornus
Huck from Huck
Koch from Huck
Kroh from Hussenbach
Michel from Huck
Mohr
Preiss
Reichel
Sack from Huck
Scharton
Schneider from Hussenbach
Spomer from Beideck
Volmer
Wagner
Zitterkopf from Huck

Volga Colonies: 
Sources: 

Leandro Hildt
Fabian Zubia Schultheis

Pre-Volga Origin

Map of El Potrero.
Source: Leandro Hildt.

IERP Church in El Potrero.
Source: Leandro Hildt.

IERP Church in El Potrero.
Source: Leandro Hildt.

Confirmation class in El Potrero (1977).
Source: Leandro Hildt.

Volga Colonies

Latitude: 50.258365
Longitude: 9.296395
Latitude: 49.842708
Longitude: 8.826458
Latitude: 50.494852
Longitude: 8.056049
Latitude: 50.241389
Longitude: 9.167500
Latitude: 49.800004
Longitude: 7.900414
Latitude: 48.999985
Longitude: 8.478681
Latitude: 49.249888
Longitude: 7.429044