General Galarza, Departamento Gualeguay, Entre Ríos Province
The town of General Galarza was founded on 5 October 1912. It was named after army soldier of Francisco Ramirez and J.J. de Urquiza.
Several Volga German families later settled in General Galarza.
On 27 September 1925, the Evangelical Congregation of Galarza (Lutheran) was founded. The congregation is affiliated with the Iglesia Evangelica del Rio de la Plata (IERP).
The following Volga German families are known to have settled in General Galarza:
Eckert from Huck
Reichel from Dietel
Schimpf from Galka & Neu-Galka
Weinmeister from Dietel
Werner from Galka
Elena Vega Stehle
Entrance to General Galarza
Map of General Galarza