Nossa Senhora do Lago, Palmeira Municipality, Paraná
Colônia do Lago was founded in 1878. It is located in the municipality (district) of Palmeiro in the state of Paraná. It was settled by Volga German Catholics.
Johannes & Anna Maria Schmidt and their family from Graf were among the founders of Colônia do Lago. They later moved to Johannisdorf in 1880.
The following Volga German families are known to have settled in Colônia Lago:
Auer from Rohleder
Haas / Hass
Paul / Pauhl
Schamne from Graf
Schmidt from Graf
Schneider from Rosenheim
- Schwab, Carlos Alberto. Resumo Histórico e Genealogia dos Alemães do Volga. Ponta Grossa, Brazil: C.A. Schwab, 1997.