Lydiatt, located southeast of Beauséjour, was settled by immigrants from the Volga German colonies of Bangert and Stahl am Tarlyk.
Known originally as the Reichenbach School District when it was organized formally in January 1902, it was renamed Lydiatt sometime before 1926. A one-room schoolhouse operated at the southwest corner of SW9-12-8E in the Rural Municipality of Brokenhead. The district was dissolved in 1968.
The following families are known to have settled in Lydiatt:
Adolph from Warenburg
Heintz from Bangert
Huber from Bangert
Loeb from Bangert
Rerig from Balzer