Originally called Anoka, the town of Ebenezer in the Yorkton area was settled by German Baptists from Volhynia and the Volga in 1887. The settlement enlarged as new immigrants arrived and by 1889 there were 100 German families in the district.
The Encyclopedia of Sasketchewan (online)
- Becker, A. “The Germans in Western Canada, A Vanishing People.” CCHA Study Sessions 42 (1975): 29-49.