Togo, Saskatchewan

History: 

Originally called Pelly Siding, the village was incorporated 1906 as Togo - named after the Japanese Admiral Togo.       Lutheran immigrants from the Volga colonies settled in Togo. The following Volga German families are known to have settled in there: Burbach from Hussenbach Fuchs from Hussenbach

Volga German Congregations: 

Coming soon . . .

Sources: 

The Encyclopedia of Sasketchewan (online)

Resources: 

Coming soon . . .

Pre-Volga Origin