Alexandrovka, Azov District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)
The first group of Volga German resettlers (37 families) arrived in the summer of 1893 and founded the village of Alexandrovka. On 7 March 1894, another 40 families arrived from the Loktevsky volost of the Barnaul District in the Tomsk Province where they had first settled. From 1896 to 1899, 30 families left for the Syr-Darya Region, 9 for the Minusinsk District of the Yenisei Province, 9 returned to the Volga region, and 3 families relocated to the city of Omsk.
In 1900 a parochials school opened in Alexandrovka.
As of 1904, there were 4 windmills and 1 grocery store in the village.
During WWII, 33 villagers served in the Russian military; 19 returned to the village.
During the 1941 deportation of the Volga Germans, many families were relocated to Alexandrovka. They were subsequently forced into the Labor Army
In 1909, the Lutheran Parish of St. John was established in Alexandrovka with a resident pastor.
The following Volga German families settled in Alexandrovka:
Becker from Dönhof
Bertram from Walter
Bossauer from Sichelberg
Dietz from Kratzke
Fabrizius from Kratzke
Gross from Walter
Knaus from Kratzke
Krutsch from Stahl am Karman
Root from Beauregard
Schmidt from Katharinenstadt
Schneider from Philippsfeld
Stoppel from Kratzke
Widiger from Philippsfeld
- Alexandrovka (Azov German National Region) (Russian Wikipedia)