Novoskatovka, Sherbakulski District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)
Novoskatovka was founded in 1906 by Volga German colonists resettling from Yagodnaya Polyana and Neu-Straub. The Russian name of Neu-Straub was Novoskatovka, so that is what the new settlement was called. The early settlers also used the names of Schöntal and Neu-Straub.
On 18 September 1941, 53 families (265 people) arrived from the Volga German colony of Erlenbach from which they had been deported on 5 September 1941.
The original Volga German colonists who came from Yagodnaya Polyana and Neu-Straub in 1906 were Lutheran.