Milliken, Weld Co., Colorado
Milliken has its beginnings as the community of Hillsboro which was organized in 1905. In 1908, a town called Milliken (named in honor of Judge John David Milliken, the President of the Northwestern Land and Iron Company) was established right next to Hillsboro, and on 1 October 1910, Hillsboro was annexed by Milliken. Volga German families came to the area to work in the sugar beet industry. They settled in and around Milliken.
The following Volga German families are known to have lived in and around Milliken:
Dechant from Ober-Monjou
Frank from Dönhof
Kammerzell from Frank
Reichert from Dietel
A Brief History of the Town (Milliken Historical Society)