Wilson, Ellsworth Co., Kansas

Includes the following communities: 
Wilson, Ellsworth Co., Kansas
History: 

The town of Wilson was incorporated in 1883.  Volga German families settled in and around Wilson.

Volga German Congregations: 

Immanuel Lutheran Church

Volga German Families: 

The following Volga German families are known to have settled in and around Wilson:

Anschutz from Nieder-Monjou
Basgall from Rothammel
Billinger from Herzog
Bisterfeld from Nieder-Monjou
Blehm from Straßburg
Ehrlich
Fabrizius from Kratzke
Feil from Dreispitz
Friebus from Fischer
Galliardt / Galliart / Galyardt from Dreispitz
Gebhart from Nieder-Monjou
Heinitz from Eckheim
Heinze from Dreispitz
Herbel from Dreispitz
Knoll from Herzog
Milberger from Eckheim
Sander / Sanders from Herzog
Steinert from Eckheim
Steinle from Dreispitz
Stoppel from Nieder-Monjou
Stricker
Wallert from Dreispitz
Waymaster from Dietel
Weinmeister from Dietel
Wollert from Dreispitz

Resources: 

- Marion Co. Kansas 1920 Census - Wilson (Janet Flickinger)
- Saint Wenceslaus Catholic Cemetery (findagrave.com)
- Wilson Cemetery (findagrave.com)

Pre-Volga Origin

Volga Colonies

Latitude: 54.441840
Longitude: 9.435464
Latitude: 49.232778
Longitude: 11.671944
Latitude: 50.896111
Longitude: 14.807222
Latitude: 51.033333
Longitude: 13.733333
Latitude: 48.883333
Longitude: 12.566667
Latitude: 50.405278
Longitude: 8.155000
Latitude: 49.103333
Longitude: 8.855000
Latitude: 49.707951
Longitude: 7.666639
Latitude: 49.237741
Longitude: 9.601385
Latitude: 49.024263
Longitude: 8.919164
Latitude: 50.532778
Longitude: 8.313333