Denhoff, Sheridan Co., North Dakota
Denhoff is located along the Northern Pacific Rail Road where a station was located in 1901. The postoffice there was established 21 December 1901, and John Steinbrecker served as the first postmaster. The town was named after his Volga German hometown of Dönhof.
Denhoff was settled by Volga German immigrants from Dönhof and Neu-Dönhof.
The following Volga German families settled in and around Denhoff:
Abt from Brabander
Rappuhn from Reinwald
Steinbrecker from Dönhof
Wacker from Frank
- Sallet, Richard. Russian-German Settlement in the United States (Fargo, ND: North Dakota Institute for Regional Studies, 1974): 53.