Alva, Woods Co., Oklahoma

Includes the following communities: 
Alva, Woods Co., Oklahoma
History: 

The town of Alva was established in 1893 as a land rush office along the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway. It was named for railroad attorney Alva Adams who had become the governor of Colorado.

Volga German Families: 

The following Volga German families are known to have settled in and around Alva:

Abel / Ebel
Brickmann
Eichman
Fehrer from Norka
Geiger
Greb from Wiesenmüller
Jaekel
Jauk / Yauk from Norka
Knoll from Herzog
Lehl from Norka
Lehr from Messer
Schimpf / Shimp
Stecklein from Zug
Windecker

Sources: 

Reichenberger, Donovan. "Alva," Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History and Culture (www.okhistory.org)

Resources: 

Pre-Volga Origin

Volga Colonies

Latitude: 51.583056
Longitude: 8.166667
Latitude: 50.260556
Longitude: 9.003611
Latitude: 49.232778
Longitude: 11.671944
Latitude: 49.714861
Longitude: 8.839583
Latitude: 50.266667
Longitude: 9.083333
Latitude: 50.578077
Longitude: 9.262815