Gage, Ellis Co., Oklahoma
Settlement of Gage began in 1893 with the opening of the Cherokee Strip. It incorporated in 1904, and named for a Chicago railroad financier.
In 1901, the opening of the Kiowa-Comanche-Apache lands brought Volga German farmers to the area.
The following Volga German families are known to have settled in and around Gage:
Everett, Dianna. "Gage," Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History and Culture (www.okhistory.org)
Gage Memorial Cemetery (FindAGrave)