Goodwin, Ellis Co., Oklahoma
The town of Goodwin, Oklahoma, no longer exists. It was originally located in Woodward County, but today is located in Ellis County.
The "First German Baptist Church" of Woodward County Oklahoma was officially organized on April 24, 1904. After meeting in area homes and schools, a small church building was built.
A new name , "The German Baptist Church" of Goodwin, Oklahoma, was chosen when Ellis County was formed.
In 1946 the name was changed to "Ebenezer Baptist Church" of Shattuck Oklahoma and a new church building was built.
The following Volga German families lived in and around Goodwin, Oklahoma:
Armbruster from Galka
Bai from Dreispitz
Deal (Diehl) from Dreispitz
Wunsch from Galka