Johannes Michael Boos married 29 October 1738 in Ockstadt to Maria Catharina Henckel, daughter of Johannes Henckel. They have the following children, each born in Ockstadt: (1) Anna Maria, baptized 28 August 1742, died 24 August 1746; (2) Ferdinand, baptized 10 May 1745, buried 14 April 1753; and (3) Johannes Nicolaus, baptized 22 September 1747.
Maria Catharina Henckel died 11 May 1749 in Ockstadt. Michael Boos remarried on 30 September 1749 in Ockstadt to Maria Dorothea Pfeil. They have the following children, each baptized in Ockstadt: (1) Anna Catharina, baptized 26 August 1751; (2) Andreas, baptized 8 June 1753; (3) Johannes, baptized 3 April 1755; and (4) Johannes Peter, baptized 23 November 1757.
Michael Bös, a blacksmith (Schmied), his wife Dorothea, and children (Nikolaus, age 20; Katharina, age 16; Andreas, age 13; Johannes, age 11; Peter, age 8) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard the English frigate Love & Unity under the command of Skipper Thomas Fairfax. Heinrich Bös, a single teacher, is also recorded travelling with the Michael Bös family on the same ship.
Michael Boose [sic], his wife Dorothea, and children (Nicolaus, age 20; Catharina, age 16; Andreas, age 14; Johannes, age 11; Peter, age 9) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
Michael Bös, a blacksmith (Schmied), his wife Dorothea, and children (Heinrich, age 24; Nikolaus, age 23; Andreas, age 15; Johannes, age 12; Peter, age 11) settled in the Volga German colony of Ober-Monjou on 7 June 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 9.
In 1773, Andreas Bös moved from Ober-Monjou to Schönchen.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Michael Bös came from the German region of Mainz. The 1767 census records that he came from the village of Wiesbaden in the Mainz region.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Om15, Om22, Om62, Sn40, Mv0734.
- Parish register of Ockstadt (LDS Film No. 0948097).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 291.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1311, #1312.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #1298-1304.