Johann Bährer and his wife Helena arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on a ship under the command of Fyodor Fyodorov.
Johann Bohrer [sic] and his wife Helena are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Schäfer on 30 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 51 along with a 1-month-old daughter Maria Eva.
Helena Katharina Bährer, widow of Johann Bährer, and their children (son: Christoph David, age 14) are recorded on the 1798 census of Rosenheim in Household No. Rm22.
Christoph David Bährer is recorded on the 1811 census of Rosenheim in Household No. 22 along with a note that he relocated to the colony of Paulskaya.
Christoph Bährer and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Paulskaya in Household No. 55.
Christoph Bährer and his family are recorded on the 1850 census of Paulskaya in Household No. 73.
The death of Christoph Bährer in 1851 is recorded on the 1857 census of Paulskaya in Household No. 82. He appears to have died without male heirs.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Johann Bährer was a weaver from the German region of Nürnberg while the 1767 census records that he was a craftsman (Handwerker) from the German village of Lehrberg.
There are no known surviving male lines of this family among the Volga German colonies.
- 1811 Rosenheim Census (Household No. 22).
- 1834 Paulskaya Census (Household No. 55).
- 1850 Paulskaya Census (Household No. 73).
- 1857 Paulskaya Census (Household No. 82).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Rm22.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 103.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #7148.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #7121-7122.