Valentin Böhm, a farmer, and his wife Anna arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 31 July 1766 aboard a Russian ship under the command of Lieutenant Samuel Gibbs.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Pfeifer on 15 June 1767. Valentin Böhm (age 25) is recorded with a [new] wife Klara on the 1767 census of Pfeifer in Household No. 104.
Valentin Böhm and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Pfeifer in Household No. Pf55.
The death of Valentin Böhm is recorded on the 1834 census of Pfeifer in Household No. 171, although the specific year is not recorded.
There are no known surviving male lines of this Böhm family among the Volga German colonies.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Valentin Böhm came from the German region of Aufenau. The surname of Böhm does not appear in the records of Aufenau (available from 1754).
The 1767 census records that Valentin Böhm came from the German village of Pfaffenhofen. There is a Pfaffenhausen (part of the parish of Oberndorf) near Aufenau, but no Böhm is recorded there.
The name Böhm is recorded in Höchst (in the parish of Wirtheim) located a short distance west of Aufenau, but there is no Valentin Böhm recorded there.
There is one Valentin Böhm, son of Johannes Böhm & Catharina Öhlenbrandt, whose baptism on 26 June 1739 in Soden is recorded in the parish register of Salmünster. There is no marriage for this Valentin Böhm recorded in the parish register of Salmünster.
- 1834 Pfeifer Census (Household No. 171).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Pf55.
- Parish register of Salmünster (including Soden).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 402.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #2885.
Entry from the parish register of Salmünster recording the baptism of Valentin Böhm on 26 June 1739 who had been born in Soden.
Source: Max Weinbinder.