Johann Caspar Bös, son of Johannes Bös & Gertrud Adrian, was born 24 November 1723 in Rebsdorf. He married on 29 December 1750 in nearby Ulmbach to Gertrud Förster, daughter of Valentin Förster & Margaretha Heyl. She had been born 6 November 1723 in Untereichenmühle.
The baptisms of the following children born to Johann Caspar Bös & Gertrud Förster are recorded on the parish register of Ulmbach: (1) Johann Conrad, born 21 March 1751 in Rebsdorf; (2) Johannes, born 25 January 1753 in Rabenstein; (3) Anna Catharina, born 10 March 1758 in Neustall; and (4) Barbara Elisabeth, born 21 January 1761 in Neustall.
Gertrud Bös née Förster died. Widower Johann Caspar Bös remarried on 30 August 1763 in Uerzell to Margaretha Huh(i), daughter of the deceased Johannes Huh(i) from Magdlos & Margaretha Jahn.
The baptism of a daughter to Johann Caspar Bös & Margaretha Huh(i) is recorded in the parish register of Ulmbach: Eva Elisabeth, born 21 March 1765 in Neustall.
Kaspar Bös, his wife Margaretha, and children (Konrad, age 16; Johann, age 15; Maria, age 11; Barbara, age 6½; Eva, age 1½) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 15 September 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Franz Nikolaus Schröder.
Casper Boes [sic], his wife Margaretha, and children (Conrad, age 18; Johann, age 16; Maria, age 12; Barbara Elisabeth, age 6; Eva Elisabeth, age 1) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767 along with a note that son Conrad and daughters Barbara Elisabeth and Eva Elisabeth died en route.
Kaspar Bös, a farmer, his wife Margaretha, and children (Johannes, age 16; Elisabeth, age 14) are recorded on a list of Beauregard recruits attached to the 1767 census in Household No. 126. A note indicates that the family relocated to the colony of Wittmann in 1768.
In 1785, Johann Bös and his brothers moved from Wittmann to Ober-Monjou.
The 1767 census records that Kaspar Bös came from the German village of Rebsdorf.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Om07, Om54, Mv3012.
- Parish register of Ulmbach (which includes Rebsdorf & Uerzell).
- Parish register of Flieden (which includes Untereichenmühle).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 374.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6888.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #4804-4810.
Entry in the parish register of Ulmbach recording the marriage of Johann Caspar Bös & Gertrud Förster on 29 December 1750.
Source: Max Weinbinder.
Entry in the parish register of Ulmbach recording the marriage of Johann Caspar Bös & Margaretha Huh(i) on 30 August 1763.
Source: Max Weinbinder.