Johannes Baumgärtner, son of Johannes Christoph Baumgärtner & Eva Nachbar, was born in Lützelsachsen and baptized in the nearby Reformed parish church at Weinheim on 10 September 1727.
Johannes & Anna Catharina Baumgärtner had two children who were born in Lützelsachsen and baptized in the City Church (Stadtkirche) of Weinheim: (1) Anna Maria, baptized 7 February 1755; and (2) Anna Margaretha, baptized 18 November 1757.
According to the Eichhorns, the Johannes Baumgärtner family was from Lützelsachsen and immigrated first to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein) in 1760. While in Denmark, two additional children were born and baptized in the parish of Thorning (Amt Viborg): (3) Johann Leonhardt, baptized on 5 October 1760; and (4) Maria Johanna, baptized on 13 March 1763.
The Baumgärtner family departed Denmark on 26 April 1763 and joined the migration to Russia.
The Baumgärtner family settled in the Volga German colony of Anton on 7 September 1764. They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 21.
The Johannes Baumgärtner family is recorded on the 1775 census of Anton in Household No. 36.
The widow and children of Johannes Baumgärtner are recorded on the 1798 census of Anton in Household No. An29 along with a note that his son Jakob is working in Kukkus.
Johann Jakob Baumgärtner from Anton is recorded on the 1811 census of Kukkus in Household No. 61 along with a note that he had arrived in Kukkus from Anton in 1806.
Johann Jakob Baumgärtner is recorded on the 1834 census of Kukkus in Household No. 89.
Andreas Baumgärtner from Anton and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Kukkus in Household No. 6.
- 1775 Anton Census (Household No. 36).
- 1811 Kukkus Census (Household No. 61).
- 1834 Anton Census (Household No. 59).
- 1834 Kukkus Census (Households No. 6, 89).
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The immigration of German colonists to Denmark and their subsequent emigration to Russia in the years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Steinmeier, 2012): B-69.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): An29.
- Parish register of Thorning.
- Parish register of Weinheim (including Lützelsachsen).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 58.