Christian Fredrich Berend, son of Johann Fredrich Berend & Catharina Ott, was born 14 September 1738 in Berlin.
The parish register of the Reformed Church of Saints Peter & Paul in Danzig records that Christian Behrens [sic] from the Pfalz & Christina [surname illegible] from the Pfalz were married on 23 May 1765 in Danzig.
Christian Berndt, a farmer, his new wife Christina Stien, and sons (Johann Friedrich, age 7; Georg Leonhard Abraham, age 2-months) are recorded on the 1767 census of Moor in Household No. 11. They had settled there on 1 July 1766.
In 1788, Friedrich Jakob Berendt moved from Moor to Kutter. Friedrich Berndt is recorded on the 1798 census of Kutter.
Heinrich Berndt from Moor is recorded on the 1811 census of Huck in Household No. 80 along with a note that he had arrived in Huck from Moor in 1799.
Friedrich Berndt is recorded on the 1834 census of Kutter in Household No. 133.
The 1767 census records that Christian Berndt came from the German region of Brandenburg.
- 1811 Huck Census (Household No. 80).
- 1834 Kutter Census (Household No. 133).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kt72, Mv1768.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #757.
- Parish register in Berlin.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 158.