Christian Bender [sic], a tailor (Schneider), his wife Marianna, and daughter Marianna (age 6) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 15 September 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Gabriel Wild.
Christian Benneder [sic], his wife Margretha, and daughter Mariana (age 6) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
Christian Bender [sic], his wife Anna, and daughters (Anna, age 7; Franziska, age ¼) are recorded on the 1767 census of Hölzel in Household No. 24. They had settled in Hölzel on 11 September 1767.
In 1797, widow Maria Böhringer [sic] and her children moved from Hölzel to Neu-Kolonie.
The widow of Christian Böhringer [sic] from Hölzel and his children are recorded on the 1798 census of Neu-Kolonie in Household No. Nk52.
Thomas Bineder, son of Christian Bineder, is recorded on the 1811 census of Neu-Kolonie in Household No. 48.
The death of Thomas Bineder in 1822 is recorded on the 1834 census of Neu-Kolonie in Household No. 6.
Johannes Böhring [sic] from Hölzel is recorded on the 1798 census of Preuss in Household No. Ps48. There are no known suviving male lines of this Bineder family in Preuss.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Christian Bender came from the German region of Trier while the 1767 census records that he came from the German region of Anspach.
[Various translations of this surname erroneously record it as Bender, Benneder, Beringer, Böhring, and Böhringer.]
- 1811 Neu-Kolonie Census (Households No. 37, 48).
- 1834 Neu-Kolonie Census (Household No. 6).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nk52, Ps48, Mv0959.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 114.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6788.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #7559-7561.